This has officially been our longest summer of our lives. Since Peru is south of the equator, it’s seasons are opposite from the States. Summer in Peru begins in December and ends around April – the month we returned to the States. So, we have enjoyed 9 months of ongoing hot, sunny weather. We landed in a family lake house in Hot Springs, AR. While being back in Allen’s home state, it’s been jammed packed with family reunions, high school reunions, weddings, summer camps, cookouts, hiking, tubing, skiing, tons of Magic Springs, and many other American customs.
Back in March we asked you to pray for our girls that they would all get into the right grade. When our girls took the entry exam here in Hot Springs, we were wondering if our Peruvian schooling + a little English homeschooling combo would set our girls back a grade. Turns out that they all did very well and tested into the exact grades for which we were praying. God answered your prayers – thank you!
Now that school is in full swing, I plan on hitting the road this fall and visiting many of you and our supporting churches. My speaking & travel schedule thus far:
- Oct. 19 – Trinity Grace, Rogers, AR
- Nov. 2 – Christ Presbyterian, Oxford, MS
- Nov. 19 – First Pres., Gulfport, MS
- Dec. 7 – First Pres., Stamps, AR
- Jan. 7 – Trinity Pres., Jackson, MS
- Jan. 13 – Grace Presbytery meeting
- Jan. 18 – Faith Pres., Clinton, LA
- Jan. 25 – Pear Orchard Pres., Jackson, MS
- Feb. 1 – Faith Pres., Brookhaven, MS
- Feb. 8 – Tuscaloosa, AL
- Feb. 15 – Christ Covenant, Hernando, MS & Memphis area
- Feb. 18-22 – Dallas
- later March – Central America, Guatemala
- April 12 – First Pres., Aliceville, AL
If you would like for me to pay you a visit, please do not hesitate to email me or call me at 501-400-2202. I hope to see you soon!
Thank you for your prayers and support!
Allen & Sandi Smith