This past Sunday we had the privilege to witness the baptism of Mary Allen. Many who read this post do not come from presbyterian convictions, so I thought it would be good to include the vows we took concerning our covenant daughter.
- Do you as parents of this young girl, newly accept the covenant of grace, believing that is also for your daughter?
- Do you believe you are sinners and that your daughter has inherited a sinful nature?
- Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is the only one who can regenerate and sanctify man?
- With the help of the Triune God, whose name we baptism your daughter, do you promise to show her a Christian example and instruct her in the knowledge and obedience of the Word of God, insuring that she grow and live conforming to the instructions of the Word of God?
- Under the terms of this covenant of grace, do you promise that when your daughter is at a sufficient age, you will help her understand that she has a privilege and holy duty to confess publicly her faith in Christ Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior.